Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hello, world!

This is my third attempt at starting a blog...we'll see how it goes this time around! Lately, God has been teaching me so many things that I want to share. I also want to have a place to process through big changes in my life. I'm not sure who will read this but I figure it's worth a shot :)

A little about me. I'm a twenty-something teacher, grad student and soon to be social worker addicted to Mountain Dew. I love books, education reform, good conversations & laughs with good friends, Africa, travelling, Starbucks hazelnut hot chocolate, and the beach. The one thing I want most in the world is to make a difference. Though it sounds a little idealistic, I want to change the world for the better. Everyday, I wake up and strive to do just that. Whether it's learning more about my ESL student's life in Syria, encouraging my pre-GED student to continue their studies or when I'm working as a therapist with high need families, I hope to allow God to work through me to bring Him glory in everything I do.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment